Kuzminki
Photo Galleries | Digital Painting | Blog | Contact
 
 
   
     
     

 

Welcome! This site is dedicated to Kuzminki – historical park located in the Kuzminki District, Moscow, Russia. Our Kuzminki Photo Album is currently consisting of over 400 photos and digital paintings discovering the beauty of Kuzminki and the region.

 

 
         
Kuzminki, Moscow, Russia

Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki was a former estate of the Stroganov and Golitsyn families of the Russian nobility. Today, it is incorporated into Kuzminki-Lyublino historical park located in the Kuzminki District, Moscow. The estate was named after the Theotokos Vlakhernskaya, a copy of which was placed in the local church.

In 1702 Peter the Great bestowed the estate to Grigori Stroganov. The buildings were erected here after the death of the first owner in 1714. His son, Alexander, managed estate construction; in 1754 his widow became the sole owner. After the marriage of her daughter Anna in 1757 with Prince Mikhail Golitsyn (1731-1804), property passed to Golitsyn family. From 1833 Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki was a part of Golitsyns mayorate. In 1889 a part of the estate was donated to Vlakhernsky hospital.

During World War I, the manor house was converted to an officers' hospital. The church of the Blachernae Icon of Theotokos is placed in the center of estate. The first wooden church was built here in 1716 by the Stroganovs in the name of the Blachernae Icon, a Stroganov family patron. The construction of a stone church in the Baroque style began at the end of 1750s. In the 1780s, the church was rebuilt in Neoclassical style. In the 19th century, it was rebuilt by Domenico Giliardi and Konstantin Bykovsky.

The church has two side altars dedicated to Saints Alexander Nevsky and Sergius of Radonezh; members of the family of Golitsyn were buried there.

The church was closed in 1929; its utensils were looted, the bell tower ruined and the building itself was badly damaged. The church and the bell tower were rebuilt in 1995 under the guidance of Yelena Vorontsova. In October of 1995 the church was consecrated by the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia, Alexy II. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki

Kuzminki District (Russian: райо́н Кузьми́нки) is a district in South-Eastern KuzminAdministrative Okrug of Moscow, Russia. Its area is 493 hectares and its population is 122,951. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuzminki_District

 

Special thanks to those who have contributed to this project sharing photos: Gundos, Misha S., Sasha S. and music: Andrew M. - ALMRecords

 
Copyright © 2005 - 2008  Kuzminki - Photo Album